The King Alfred School was founded in 1898 by a group of parents who believed in the then radical idea that boys and girls should be educated together in a secular environment that encouraged learning for its own sake. It wanted to provide an education that focused on what was best for the whole child, on the development of character and individuality.
King Alfred School is an informal independent day school situated on the edge of Hampstead Heath in London. With 650 students from Reception age through to a flourishing Sixth Form, we are a vibrant and friendly community where the emphasis, both academically and socially, is on discovering and maximising the potential of each child.
The school stands out from the prevailing educational environment as a school that achieves academic success without unnecessary pressures and social success through the development of relationships and responsibility rather than external discipline. It is a school that is genuinely loved by students, parents and staff alike.
The village green setting of the main school site contributes to the community feeling. Most children will join at Reception and continue on to the Sixth Form. Transition from Lower to Upper School is a natural one and for KAS students does not depend on assessments or examinations.
Even though KAS is divided into two parts (Lower School: Reception to Year 6 and Upper School: Year 7 to 13), we perceive ourselves as one school in which all parts belong to a whole. Age groups are encouraged to mix and so enrich each other’s lives. We aim to provide a happy, compassionate environment in which the emotional, physical and social development of the child are held in equal regard to academic progress.
- Ian Aitken, journalist and political commentator
- Pegaret Anthony, artist and lecturer
- Nora Beloff, journalist
- Richard Clements, journalist and political adviser
- Nina Conti actress and comedian
- A.G. Cook, (real name Alex Cook) musician and founder of the web label PC Music
- Richard Gregory, experimental psychologist
- J. B. Gunn, physicist
- Fergus Henderson, Restaurateur and founder of St. John restaurants in London
- Dylan Howe, Musician and Composer
- Lucy Jones, artist
- Alexis Korner, musician and broadcaster
- Paul Kossoff, musician
- Chloe Madeley Television host, journalist, and ice skater
- Juliet Mitchell, psychologist
|邮编 Postcode||NW11 7HY|
|最低年龄 Start Age||5|
|最高年龄 End Age||18|
|ISI教育质量报告 ISI Integrated/Education quality report||http://isischools.devprocess.com/DownloadReport.aspx?t=c&r=GRT6593_20140128.pdf&s=6593|
|ISC综合报告 ISC Compliance report||http://isischools.devprocess.com/DownloadReport.aspx?t=c&r=ADD6593_20180110.pdf&s=6593|